Monday 12 December 2011

House Sparrow TS82001

After briefly putting my 30' up in the back garden a sum total of two birds were caught, both being House Sparrows. One was a new bird but the the other was a retrap and upon reading the ring number I was pleased to discover that I was holding the very first bird that I ringed after receiving my C permit - House Sparrow TS82001. He was originally ringed as an adult Male in the evening of 19 July 2011 and had yet to start his moult.

House Sparrow TS82001

Unfortunately I have yet to submit my application to set up a RAS (Retrapping Adults for Survival), project for the House Sparrows that visit my garden which would include colour ringing to remove the need for retrapping; so I hope to catch TS82001 at least one more time.

For more information about RAS which aims to study the survival of adults in bird populations please visit the BTO RAS page.

No comments:

Post a Comment